QUICK OVERVIEW -- SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
GOLD RUSH TRAIL SLED DOG MAIL RUN January 26 - 29, 2017
Thursday January 26, 2017
- 5:00 p.m. -- A&W Three Mile Flat Participant and Volunteer Meeting
- Pick Up Registration Packages
- Last Chance to Send Envelopes
- Pick Up Participation Awards
- Souvenirs for Sale
- 7:00 p.m.,Musher’s Meeting -- Information Session For All Dog Mushers, Skiers, Snowshoers, Skijorers.....every on-trail (except dash-only) participant must attend
- No Host supper
- Everyone Welcome!
Friday January 27, 2017
- 9:00 a.m. -- Downtown Post Office Swearing In of all Mail Carriers, Group Photo, Distribution of Mail Bags
- Everyone invited…come dressed like a musher
- 11:00 a.m. -- Umiti Pit, 17 km. North of Quesnel Stage #1 of the Mail Run -- 3 hours of action, meet the Mushers, Skiers and Skijorers and the dogs, Concession
- 5:30 p.m. -- Café Del Mar at Cottonwood Trading Post
Potluck Dinner....start eating at 6:00 p.m.
Saturday January 28, 2017
- 7:00 a.m. - 10 a.m. pancake breakfast Café Del Mar at Cottonwood Trading Post, hosted by Scouts
- 9:00 a.m. If you have a driver for your vehicle, you can run from Cottonwood to Troll:
- 11:00 a.m. at Troll Ski Resort -- Barkerville Highway Stage #2 of the Mail Run
- 2:00 p.m. Musher’s Sports and dog weight pull competition
- Troll concession open all day
- 2:00 approximately, and onwards….Souvenir Sales
- 5:30 p.m. Socialize, Start of Silent Auction, at Main Lodge at Troll
- 6:00 p.m. Start Eating
- After dinner: Remarks and Awards, Silent and Live Auctions
- Everyone invited....purchase/reserve Banquet Tickets online
Sunday January 29, 2017 - participants, please read below carefully.
- 10:00 a.m. -- Start of onsite registration and check-in for Dash-only participants at Jack ‘O Clubs General Store in Wells. Registration will continue until 11:00 a.m., please come to register right at 10:00 a.m. Anyone registering for the Dash needs to bring a prize (it's a first come first serve "pick your prize").
- 10:00 a.m. -- Start of Stage #3 of Mail Run...dog teams and possibly some skiers and skijorers will complete the whole trail (see map) which will eventually bring them to starting point for Stage 3 at the Jack 'O Clubs Parking Lot in Wells.
- 12:00 p.m. -- Start of Barkerville Dash, first Participant leaves Jack ‘O Clubs Store Parking Lot...watch Participants travel through the meadow from Wells to Barkerville
- 12:15 p.m. -- Watch Participants as they arrive at finish in front of Post Office on Barkerville’s Main Street
- 12:00 p.m.—Food Concession (NEW) inside Barkerville Visitor Centre,
- Souvenirs for Sale
- 2:00 p.m.-- Awards and Wind-Up...Barkerville Main Parking Lot
- 2:30 p.m.-- Heading Home
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Call 250 992-2730